- To relieve those who suffer distress or despair as a result of being disadvantaged or oppressed in their pursuit of basic human needs
- To provide, for these people, a drop-in centre dedicated to their physical, spiritual, and emotional well-being, where they and other compassionate people might offer each other acceptance, support, enrichment and hope, might share or exchange any surpluses of food, clothing, or household goods, and enjoy the opportunity to participate in the operations of the centre
- To nurture the community’s concern for the circumstances of suffering and a willingness to respond to peoples’ needs either directly or through support of social service agencies
- To cooperate with other persons, organizations, or authorities in arrangements, activities, or projects as shall be deemed to serve these purposes
Whispers of Hope is a non-profit charitable organization motivated to empower individuals by providing community support, nourishment, and essentials in a safe and welcoming environment.
Our Courtesy Kitchen, located at 7229 5th Street, serves coffee/tea, breakfast and lunch every weekday to anyone who stops by. OPENING SOON!
Our Thrift Store is located in the 3rd Street Plaza in Grand Forks BC, near Lordco, alongside the Cannafest Office and Ultimate Hockey.
We accept cash (and cheque) donations, as well as appropriate clothing and household items to sell in our Thrift Store. We unfortunately cannot accept large furniture items and encourage you to please also donate to the local Habitat for Humanity ReStore.
Profits from our Thrift Store support our Courtesy Kitchen, along with the aid of community donations, grants, and fundraising events. Whispers of Hope relies heavily on volunteerism and the generous contributions many community members have made – Kudos to all involved!
“Inspiring community connections one person at a time”
Members of the Board:
- Louise Heck – Chair
- Kim McLellan – Secretary
- Claudette Parisien
- Val Rilkoff
- Dennis Smith
- Cheryl Smith
- Melissa Shulga – Centre Coordinator, Thrift Store & Courtesy Kitchen